Village Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Thursday November 30th at 7:00 p.m.
- HELP WANTEDThe Village of Romeo is looking for a motivated individual to work at the DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS. The duties include a wide range of task. Tasks include but not limited to: – Maintaining streets, water system, storm system, sanitary system, equipment, Village owned buildings and properties. Heavy equipment experience is helpful. -Candidates MUST possess a valid CDL ...
- OPEN BOARD POSITIONSThe Village of Romeo is now accepting applications for interest in filling positions on some of the boards for the Village of Romeo. Downtown Development Authority 3 seats open Planning Commision 2 seats open Historic District Commission 2 seats open Romeo District Library Board 2 seats open If you are interested, please fill out ...
- Planning Commission Meeting ChangeThe Planning Commission meeting scheduled for December 14th has been changed to December 7th. VILLAGE OF ROMEO PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING THURSDAY DECEMBER 7, 2023 316 MORTON STREET, SOUTH MEETING ROOM ROMEO, MI 48065
- NOW ACCEPTING LAWNCARE SERVICE BIDS FOR THE 2024The Village of Romeo is now accepting bids for the Spring 2024 – 2026 season. Those interested will need to turn in their bid no later then Thursday November 30, 2023 by 12:00 p.m. VILLAGE OF ROMEO LAWN MAINTENANCE RFP The Village of Romeo Board of Trustees is accepting proposals for Lawn Maintenance on Village Owned properties, incidental maintenance ...
- LEAF PICK-UP FALL 2023General Guideline for Village Leaf Pickup The Village of Romeo Department of Public Works will begin leaf pickup during the week of October 16, 2023 and will continue until Wednesday, November 22, 2023. Leaves will only be picked up curbside during this scheduled time. General Guidelines: Please rake your leaves to the edge of the curb starting the week ...
- THE ROMEO POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING!!The Village of Romeo Police Department is accepting resumes/applications for a Full-Time Police Officer. Please click HERE for more details.
- 2023 ROAD CONSTRUCTION DATES AND MAPROAD CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION. The NORTHWEST Quadrant is under construction.
- VILLAGE OF ROMEO STREET FUNDING REPORTRomeo Street Funding Report Important information regarding this item that will be on the ballot on November 8th.
Romeo Tree Board
Date: December 12th, 2023
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: 361 Morton Street
South Bldg. Meeting Room, Romeo, MI 48065
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes of November 14th and posting
5. Public Comments: open
6. New business:
a. Tree Board Ordinances discussion:
Review and update changes to date and finalize balance of all outstanding ordnances
b. Tree City USA 2023 Application status – Betty
c. Arbor Day planning for 2024
d. Village Streets & Easements – discuss planning
e. Arborvitaes behind Romeo Coney Island – Lisa (outcome)
7. Unfinished business:
a. Presentation of By-laws and Ordinances to BOT
b. DTE tree removals & replacement on N Bailey/2016 – Shelley
c. DPW – any tree removals? Note to Meagan
8. Other Closing comments: Tree Board mission?
9. Next Meeting date/time: December 12th @ 7PM
Board of Trustees Meeting
Date: November 20, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: 361 Morton Street, Romeo, MI 48065
1. Call to order – pledge of allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes (September 18, 2023)
5. Approval of Bills ($55,202.48 and $298,894.24)
6. Special Presentations – RCS 297 Prospect Street
DDA Igloo Cost Share Request
7. Correspondences – None
8. Public Comments
9. Officer reports
a. President; Clerk; Treasurer; Trustees; Ex Officio Planning Commission
10. Committee Reports
a. Crosswalk Project
b. FIRE/ALS Contract
c. Parks and Rec Lease
d. PILOP Committee
11. Unfinished Business:
a. Parks and Rec Space Lease
b. Crosswalk Project
c. Elected Officials Pay Ordinance
e. Consultant’s Report*
f. Village Hall Restoration
12. New Business:
a. Parks N Rec Tree Lighting Event Permit
b. Romeo Soda Shop Event Permit
c. Romeo Lions Event Permit
d. DDA Cost Share Request
e. Legal RFP
f. Michigan Class Investment
g. Village Park Flag Request*
Kathryn Trapp, Village Clerk
*No board packet info provided